2009年5月5日星期二

THE WESTERN CORDILLERA

(A REGION OF MOUNTAINS)

This is a mountain in The Western Cordillera Region!


We have learned about the Canadian Shield region, we are now going to take a look at another region. The next region is The Western Cordillera.


Questions (There are 7 Questions)Please answer the questions with the number of sentences I tell you to. This is important because you need to practice your English.


1. Find a photograph of the Western Cordillera Region. Post it.












2. Find a map of The Western Cordillera region.Explain what you see in the map in 3-5 sentences.This region has range after range of mountains, separated by plateaus and valleys. The Rocky Mountains are the most easterly range of mountains in this region.



I see many region and I see the Canada.













3. Find picture you like of the Rocky Mountains.Explain why you like it in 5-8 sentences.



Because this picture is very beautiful.
And I see a big moutains and a big lake
and may ice.








4. ThecMountains are fold mountains.


a. How are fold mountains made? Use your OWN words to explain this process.Go to this website to find the answer:http://library.thinkquest.org/05aug/01406/fold%20mountains.html




I find in this- http://library.thinkquest.org/17701/high/geofeatures/fefoldmt.html



b. What are some other examples of fold mountains?


I find in this- http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/geography/tectonics/fold-mountains.html



5. Find a photograph of another fold mountain in the world. Post it.Explain what you see in 3-5 sentences.


I see a big moutain and many ice and I see cloud.










6. There are a lot of mountains in this region, would you want to live here?Tell me three reasons why or why not.



I want to live. Because the air is very good. And I can climb moutain.



7. What did you learn today? Explain in 5-8 sentences.

I learn about the moutain of Rocky. And I find avery good place to live.

没有评论:

发表评论